Quality and Process Control
Our Quality Policy:
"We are committed to customer satisfaction through continuous process improvement."
Our operations are defined and driven by our Quality Policy, to manufacture products that surpass API standards and your expectations.
MECHANICAL TESTING LABORATORY
All our facilities have fully equipped in-house mechanical testing laboratories that provide a wide range of testing capabilities required as per API specifications. The lab also supports the testing required for our heat treat process validation. Our capabilities include, but not limited to, the following:
- Tensile testing (round and flat samples)
- Impact testing at -50° F
- Chemical analysis
- Hardness testing (HRb, HRc and Brinell)
- Bend tests
- Flattening tests
- Metallographic sample analysis
NON-DESTRUCTIVE TESTING (NDT)
All our locations have the NDT equipment to meet your inspection requirements and are operated by our own ASNT certified inspectors. Our NDT inspection capabilities are as follows:
- Hydrostatic Testing Our modernized tested has the capability to hydro test up to 20,000 psi and can be adjusted to various lengths.
- Electromagnetic Inspection (EMI) Our EMI units are capable of uninterrupted continuous inspection of the pipe body consisting of a four-function inspection system – longitudinal, transverse, wall thickness (100% coverage), and component grade verification. We can inspect pipe OD from 1 2/3″ to 9 5/8″.
- Ultrasonic Weld-line Inspection (UTWL) We perform Ultrasonic Weld-Line inspection on the weld seam of all ERW casing and P110, Q125 tubing post-hydrostatic testing to detect weld defects. All our tubing rolled at our ERW mill undergoes a UTWL inspection as part of the rolling process.
- Special End Area Inspection (SEA) We employ wet magnetic particle technique to inspect the pipe ends (up to 24″) that are not covered during UTWL and EMI inspections.
- Full Body Ultrasonic Inspection (FBUT) All our tubing pup joints undergo a full body, full length ultrasonic inspection to detect longitudinal and transverse defects.
IN-LINE QUALITY CONTROL
Our robust in-line quality control continuously monitors the product properties that is being manufactured and provide feedback to operations, thereby ensuring that we maintain tighter product tolerances.
We run our product to tighter tolerances than API limits, reducing the variance in the material & connection properties. For example, all the thread elements on API connections are maintained to half tolerance of API requirements. Our in-line QC plays a pivotal role in achieving standards we set to ourselves of continuously surpassing the API standards.
Our QC acts also as a data collection point, where all the dimensions, properties and inspection results are recorded. This data is further analyzed by our Quality Engineers.
STATISTICAL PROCESS CONTROL
“What cannot be measured, cannot be improved” – we record data coming from our in-line QC and analyze it on a periodic basis. The purpose of this analyses is to understand our performance and identify areas that need immediate attention. This helps us to uphold our operational standards and gage supplier performance. Over the years, SPC helped us in making critical decisions that helped in increasing operational efficiencies of our manufacturing model.