The Tejas Tubular TTFJ* features a rugged straight to taper connection design. This is a double lead connection– for every revolution the connection makes up on two threads for faster make-up. The straight section is designed for deep stabbing, while the tapered section provides negative load flank threads, capable of providing sealing to 100% internal pressure while preventing jump-out. The primary metal-to-metal radial seal and the secondary axial metal seal, tested with combined loads of tension and compression to 95% Von Mises ellipse (VME), providing 100% internal pressure with gas, at ambient and elevated temperature to 365°F.
- Slim hole well design
- Drilling/production liner
- Scab liner – repairs
- Straight-to-taper thread design
- Unique metal-to-metal seal design
- Integral connection
- Flush ID and OD to pipe body
- Negative load flank thread
- Gas tight
- Longer metal-to-metal seal contact
- Design prevents jump-outs
- No coupling required
- 100% efficiency under internal pressure
- Deep stabbing for faster make-up
- Reduced erosion corrosion due to flush ID
- Eliminates galling risk
FINITE ELEMENT ANALYSIS (FEA)
A finite element analysis (FEA) of the TTFJ connection was conducted by an independent third party engineering firm to confirm the connection’s design performance.
Torque-to-yield testing was performed to verify the torsional limits of all TTFJ connections.