Our TTNY features a rugged straight to taper connection design. This is a double lead connection– for every revolution the connection makes up on two threads for faster make-up. The straight section is designed for deep stabbing, while the tapered section provides negative load flank threads, capable of providing sealing to 100% internal pressure while preventing jump-out. The primary metal-to-metal radial seal and the secondary axial metal seal, tested with combined loads of tension and compression to 95% Von Mises Ellipse (VME), providing 100% internal pressure with gas, at ambient and elevated temperature to 365°F.
- 2 ⅜ ” OD to 9 ⅝” OD
- HP/HT gas well
- Horizontal well
- Hydraulic fracturing
- Shale formation
- Straight-to-taper thread design
- Threaded & coupled connection
- Dual landing and starting threads
- Coupling with external 20° bevel
- Three pressure seals, flush ID
- Negative load flank thread
- Gas tight
- Design prevents thread jump-out
- Eliminates cross threading
- 100% efficiency under tension/compression & internal/external pressure
- Deep stabbing
- Reduced erosion corrosion
- 4 times faster make-up than API connection
- Eliminates galling risk
FINITE ELEMENT ANALYSIS (FEA)
A finite element analysis (FEA) of the TTNY connection was conducted by an independent third party engineering firm to confirm the connection’s design performance.
Torque-to-yield testing was performed to verify the torsional limits of the all TTNY connections.