Our TTRS1 is a high performance semi-premium connection designed to use in applications where standard API connection performance properties are not sufficient. These connections are designed with a mechanical torque shoulder and provide a flush internal diameter. The connection is an ideal choice when controlled torque range and torsion ratings higher than standard buttress connections are required. The TTRS1 connection is used in applications where radial stresses are high enough to potentially split standard buttress casing couplings. The TTRS1 design is interchangeable with standard API buttress casing connections.
- 4 ½” OD to 7″ OD
- Hydraulic fracturing
- Drilling with casing
- Horizontal wells
- Shale formations
- Threaded & coupled connection
- Coupling with internal torque shoulder
- Axial pin-to-shoulder metal contact
- Reduced stress thread design
- Flush ID
- Coupling with external 20° bevel
- 40% reduction of coupling hoopstresses
- 100% efficiency under tension /compression & internal/externalpressure
- High torque strength
- Reduced erosion due to flush ID
- Specified torque range
- Interchangeable with API buttress
- Lower cost accessories
FINITE ELEMENT ANALYSIS (FEA)
FEA was performed on TTRS1 connection to confirm the design lowers hoop stress, a major cause of coupling failure in field operations.
Torque-to-yield testing was performed to verify the torsional limits of the TTRS1 connection.